Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

 Freddy, Aunt Pat, Daddy and I want to wish all of our friends, relatives and readers a very Merry Christmas!  It's been very hectic around here, getting ready for the big day.  First was a stop at our fabulous groomer, to get ready for our formal portrait that you see above.  Note the snazzy bandannas, and the bows in my hair.
Then, of course, Aunt Pat does a lot of baking as gifts for our vet, Freddy's vet for his knee, our groomer, and some friends.  Freddy and I helped Aunt Pat this year.  We sniffed the cookies to ensure they met our standards, and sampled a couple that Aunt Pat dropped.  It didn't hurt that I surprised Aunt Pat by laying down behind her.  Just keeping her on her toes, you know.  We also cleaned the floor of anything that may have spilled.  One must have a clean kitchen, you know.  

 Plus, we helped Aunt Pat with her Christmas shopping, and we've been keeping her company while she made stuff for her craft shows.  She would sigh and tell us we were hogging the sofa, but we wanted to let her know she had our full support.  A good cuddle puts an artist in the right frame of mind to make wonderful creations.

Christmas Eve, we went to see Freddy's family.  Aussie, Chase and I were having a nice chat about what we thought Santa would bring.
I was trying to say hello to Crystal, a toy poodle they're fostering for Blue Moon Meadows rescue group, the same group that's trying to find a new home for  Aussie, aka Crispin.  She's a very nice little dog, but they have her crate elevated a little bit so she can have some privacy from the big dogs.  It's a penthouse crate. 
Stanley was enjoying his tennis ball, and Jade enjoyed a tummy rub, or should I say a very long tummy rub that Daddy gave her.
 Finally, Christmas morning!  Santa came!  Daddy and Aunt Pat brought their presents down a day or two early, and Freddy and I sniffed them.  I assured Freddy that Santa would come and leave us gifts, and I was right.
 Freddy had to sniff everything!  Santa brought us some treats, toys and a stuffed animal for each of us.   Freddy's family gave us two big stockings full of toys!
 I'm playing with my frog toy.
 Freddy, however, like a typical boy, had to get his snout into everything and try everything first!  He managed to get the squeakers out of both the toys from our stockings, chew the ear off his cat stuffed toy, and open up the tummy of my frog.  Boys!

 Daddy and Aunt Pat brought me some of my toys while I rested in the armchair.  I got to play with my toys, though, and Daddy and Aunt Pat gave me some extra tummy rubs to help me feel better.

No comments: