Friday, January 25, 2013

I Left My Mark


Before I begin, Daddy, Mommy and I would like to thank everyone who sent cards, left comments or wishes after Chloe's passing.  We miss our little girl, and it meant a lot to us to know people were thinking about us.
  
I also have an announcement to make.  Now that I'm taking over the blog, Aunt Pat will now be known as Mom, or Mommy.  Mommy  may have been Chloe's aunt before she moved in, but I've always known her as Mom.

Yesterday, as a  matter of fact, I left my mark.  In the Vet's office.  On the clay pot that held one of their floor plants.  I smelled so many smells there, and got to sniff another dog that looked a little like my cousin Jade, only this dog was black, and Jade is blond like me.  I just had to leave my calling card.  It didn't matter that Mom had taken me outside right before we left, and that I left a little message outside the office as well.  Mommy was mortified, and cleaned up the mess right away.  Everyone at the Vet's office understood.  I gave almost everyone kisses as an apology, and they accepted.  I'm fine.  The Vet gave me a very thorough check up.  I went for my kennel cough vaccine because I meet and play with other dogs, plus they board dogs at the rehab vet I may run into.  
 A few days after Chloe passed, our friend D brought Sarah and Weezie over for a visit.  I save special kisses for her, since she's the one who introduced my old mom to Daddy and Mommy so I could live here.  It was so nice to see all of them again!  Sarah, Weezie and I had fun running around the back yard and playing with the toys in the house.

 Sarah sniffed all over the house and jumped on Daddy and Mommy's beds like she used to do when she stayed here.  Mommy and Daddy put the baby gate up to try to keep us out of the kitchen when they ate lunch.  But, Sarah was able to get through, and we all had a little treat.   They pooped me out.  I took a break on the sofa while they ran around. Weezie came to check on me, though.  She's a very sweet girl.
I made a boo-boo though.  When D was ready to go, she asked if Sarah and Weezie wanted to go for a car ride.  Well, I heard the words car ride, and I was raring to go.  I got right up and started over towards her.  D had a really nice truck that would fit us all comfortably in the back. Oops.  Maybe next time they come I'll get a ride around the block or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog... Sarah and Weezie had a great time with their friend Freddy. They too were pooped out from playing together... They cant wait to play again.

Pat said...

We can't wait to see the whole crew again!