Sunday, June 6, 2010

We Have Dreams Too!


I'm not talking about dreams of making it big in show business, or running for President someday like humans do...although having Daddy or Aunt Pat drop a bag of Charlee Bears on the floor so they spill out in front of me would be something to strive for.  I'm talking about the dreams we have when we sleep.  Like all dogs, Chloe and I take naps throughout the day.  Just like humans dream when they sleep, we do too. Aunt Pat and Daddy can tell by some of the things we do when we sleep.  My mouth will twitch, and I'll make smacking noises with my mouth like I'm eating something.  Most of the time I'll have dreams where I'm chasing something or running for some good noms, and the humans can actually see me run in my sleep!

Chloe talks in her sleep.  She'll bark or yip quietly which surprised Aunt Pat the first time she heard it.  Lately, she's been wagging her tail more than she used to. I wonder if she's dreaming that she's talking to the animals that we've been seeing.  A lot of squirrels and chipmunks live in the yard next door, and Chloe runs to the fence to say hello on a regular basis.  We also saw a rabbit this morning on our walk, and of course, we continue to see baby birds taking their first flights and resting in the grass.  They don't always like to talk back, because Chloe can be rather...enthusiastic with her greetings.  I think she scares them.  If you look at the expression on her face when she's sleeping, I can see why.  She almost looks like a zombie dog from a horror movie!

No comments: