Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer!


The weatherman said we were entering into the Dog Days of Summer. I knew that! Although around here, every day is a dog day. This hot and humid weather is keeping us in the house where it's nice and cool. We don't like to be outside for too long, and I know Aunt Pat doesn't either. She's been having more migraines and her vertigo has been acting up, so she hasn't been at the computer long enough to post. Anyway, once we're done with our business, we go in. During the early morning or in the evening we may stay out for a few minutes longer, since it's cooler, but we I like to lay on the linoleum in the family room between where the rug ends and the wall.

Chloe has been chasing the squirrels along the fence and follows beneath them as they run across the wires. Chloe spotted one in the crab tree and even tried to climb it! She couldn't quite figure out how, though, and I think the squirrel was laughing at her! The nerve!

Yesterday, Aunt Pat started to teach her the "come" command. Aunt Pat held up a biskee, pointed to the floor beside her and said "come". I was right there. She didn't need to ask me a second time like she did Chloe. Of course she gave me a biskee too. Chloe is catching on quickly, especially with me as a role model. I have to set a good example for my little sister.

Katie will be going to the Vet soon for her distemper and rabies shots. She's needed her new thunderstorm medicine a couple of times, and the humans are happy that she hasn't been so groggy as she was with the other one.

No comments: