Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heidi's Away...So We'll Play!


Heidi is spending some time with Mommy this week, so I'm taking over...err, substituting for Heidi while she's gone. Chloe is my able assistant. She's pretty young, so she's more interested in chasing birds and squirrels, and watching out for the bunny and the chipmunks from the neighbor's yard. We had a close call yesterday, though. Chloe chased a bird that almost hit Aunt Pat head on as it flew away. Good thing Aunt Pat leaned over quickly. I thought Aunt Pat was going to fall over, but she managed to regain her balance.

Stella was back this weekend, and Aunt Pat thinks we scared her with our enthusiastic welcome back barking. Chloe also spotted a squirrel in one of the lilac bushes yesterday. It moved around the bush and Chloe lost sight of it, but it was still there even though Chloe had run down to the crab tree a few bushes down. Aunt Pat saw the squirrel sitting in the lilac bush, and she could swear the thing was laughing at Chloe. How rude!

Heidi shouldn't worry about things around here. Chloe and I have taken up the slack and are doing the same things she does for Aunt Pat, like following her around from room to room. We aren't as obvious about it as Heidi, though. We'll give Aunt Pat a head start and then we'll follow after her. I may send Chloe after Aunt Pat. I haven't seen her in a few minutes if she's upstairs and I'm downstairs, I'll do my chirpy bark. It may take a couple of moments, especially if she's eating, but Aunt Pat comes down. I'll roll onto my back so she'll think I want a tummy rub. I'm just checking up on her, though. The tummy rub is a nice perk, though.

We had a nice holiday weekend. Heidi got scared Friday night. We were outside after the main municipal fireworks had ended, and it seemed quiet. Well, one of the neighbors on the street behind us shot off some firecrackers and roman candles. She had already gone potty, and ran straight for the door. It made me a little nervous, but nothing like how I get during thunderstorms. Then, some idiot neighbor two houses down shot off firecrackers at 1:30 in the morning! Daddy and Aunt Pat woke right up. I was a little scared-startled really, and I didn't need my thunderstorm medicine. We barked, of course, and the kids who were visiting left. I don't know if we scared them off, or if it was Daddy going out on the porch and turning on the light that sent them packing, but between all of us, those bad people were gone.

No comments: