Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th? Bah...


Who's afraid of a day? We aren't. Yesterday was Friday the 13th, and nothing bad happened. Thirteen isn't a bad number. It comes after 12 and before 14; and there are 13 stripes on the American flag in remembrance of the original 13 colonies. Nope, we're not superstitious here. Just because there was Apollo 13- a space mission that didn't go too well, and many Friday the 13th movies with some psycho killer on the loose doesn't mean anything. Katie spent most of the day hiding..er, relaxing in the dog bed in Aunt Pat's room. It was business as usual for me and Chloe.

None of us were too happy that Aunt Pat closed her door so we couldn't sleep in her room Thursday night. She'd gone to the doctor for a procedure and wasn't feeling well. We're not a bother. Katie and I stay on the floor, but Chloe has to be on the bed. I'd love to join them, but I haven't figured out a way to get up there. I'm way too heavy for Aunt Pat to pick up, and the bed is too high off the ground for me to jump onto. I send telepathic messages to her to "Get doggie stairs", but it hasn't worked...yet. I know Chloe's a bed hog, but she will scoot down to the end of the bed and give Aunt Pat more room.

Chloe made sure we didn't let our fear of bad luck get the best of us. She was pretty excitable all day and pestered, err, distracted us with her antics. Chloe loves to play with our toys. Unfortunately she always wants to use the toy either Katie or I are playing with, at the time Chloe wants to play with it. Most of the time we're very patient with her. Katie will growl on occasion. But, yesterday morning I wasn't finished playing with my ball so I had to let Chloe know very firmly that it was mine. I know my growl and bared teeth scared her, but Chloe has to learn that she can't hover around and take toys away. She's been better today. The weather was much nicer today, so we spent more time outside.

No comments: