Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's In A Name?


A name can mean a lot, if you believe what this article says. It says dogs named Heidi are "loyal and sweet, but relatively low energy...prefer nap time over everything else. They definitely love their treats." It's a German name meaning Honorable, and noble and kind. I must say I do look rather noble and honorable in the photo above.

Kind? Yes, I'm kind, especially to Chloe. She likes to play with every toy either Katie or I are playing with. She'll hover nearby when the humans play indoor fetch with me or either Katie or I are chewing up, er on a toy. If I stop playing or chewing for a while, she'll take the ball or toy right from between my paws. I don't think too many other dogs would put up with that!

Anyway, the article says that dogs named Chloe are often "large breed with very loving and loyal personalities." It's a Greek name, meaning Verdant and Blooming. She does have a big personality. Chloe barks at the birds, squirrels, rabbits and neighbor dogs. If she sees the G's or the S's in their kitchens she'll sit at the fence and bark. Chloe's also the first one up in the living room to check out a noise outside. She's also very very affectionate. She gives out more kisses than Katie and I put together! She certainly isn't a large breed dog, but she certainly thinks she is...especially at night when she becomes a real bed hog. Daddy or Aunt Pat get squished into a little part of the bed while Chloe sprawls over the rest of it.

Dogs named Katie "...are just downright sweet good dogs." It has Celtic/Gaelic origins and means Pure and Virginal. That's our Katie. She's a very sweet dog, very sincere and smart. She doesn't mince words, er, barks. The humans know the intruder bark, the "I've just gotten a pee pad so please come clean it up", the "Please take me upstairs bark" and the "Hurry it up...."bark. I think Katie's polite because she is motivated by affection, like the article states. But, sometimes a nice piece of deli turkey, a cheese cracker or a biskee provide motivation!

No comments: