Monday, July 12, 2010

Keeping Our Cool



It was very hot here last week, and we made sure we kept cool.  We've been taking shorter walks in the mornings, and I'm not going out for a  second walk in the evening.  Chloe is such a stickler for routine, she puts up a real stink if Aunt Pat tells her it's too hot. So, Aunt Pat's been leashing her up and taking Chloe around the front yard.   It cooled off a bit last Friday, but it was pouring.  Aunt Pat didn't want to take us out in the pouring rain.  She'd heard a little thunder, and well, we all know that you don't want to go outside in a thunderstorm, especially if there's metal involved...like the parts on Chloe's and my collars and leashes.  I don't want to be a four legged lightening rod!  Chloe didn't care.  You can see the look she gave Aunt Pat.  She had just put Chloe's harness on and it started to pour!  The shower passed quickly so we finally went for a short walk.   
Chloe's willing to go for a walk in the rain, but she doesn't want to get wet while we're in the backyard. Weird.  I'm not fond of either option.  I know, I'm a water dog, but that doesn't mean I have to like getting wet all willy-nilly.  I don't mind the water treadmill, and I love the whirlpool, but those are controlled circumstances where there are treats involved! Plus, the water is nice and warm...and they tell me what a good girl I am, and how wonderful I am when they dry me off.  What's not to like!

  However, getting spritzed by the hose outside, or being out in a cold or warm rain isn't my cup of tea. Aunt Pat watered the garden frequently last week and in the process, waved the hose around so she could water all the plants evenly.  Sometimes, we were in the line of fire...Aunt Pat said it was an accident and apologized, but  I'm not sure.  I know she watched us very closely to see how much we were panting.  She may have thought Chloe and I might be getting too hot and took it upon herself to cool us down.  I've heard the expression, what goes around, comes around, and Aunt Pat got soaked herself when she dropped the hose.  It landed on the nozzle handle, so Aunt Pat got spritzed a couple of times herself!    

No comments: