Friday, January 21, 2011

Having a Ball!


First and foremost, we'd like to extend our best wishes for a speedy recovery to our Groomer, D.  She had paw, err, foot surgery and we hope she feels better soon.  I was told yesterday I had big feet.  They were trimming my nails at the Rehab Vet and somebody commented on how big my feet were.  I wasn't upset.   I didn't take it as an insult.  Plus, the person who said this was giving  me a lovely foot massage at the same time. I know I have big feet.  I am a big dog.  Labrador Retrievers are a large breed dog, period.  Besides, Aunt Pat says the same thing, especially when I step on one of her feet. 

Anyway, at my visit yesterday, they had me do a new exercise.  They had this huge oval rubber ball that they put a towel over.  I was wet after doing the underwater treadmill and the towel was there to prevent slippage.  Well, one person supported my backside while another person lifted my front half over the ball.  The aim was to stretch my hip muscles.  I was a little unsure of what they were doing at first, but once I got the hang of it it was okay.  I really relaxed when they did a laser treatment right afterward.  I had a good night sleep last night, much to the relief of the humans.  More on that in our next post.

No comments: