Thursday, January 27, 2011

State of the Union

Tuesday night, Chloe and I watched the President Bark...err, Barack Obama give the State of the Union address with Aunt Pat.  Aunt Pat would say we slept through it, but I respectfully disagree.  It may have looked like we were sleeping, but we were awake.  When Chloe heard the President talk about energy, and the need for clean energy, she perked up.  Her got real perky, she rolled over a little and she got this really funky, happy smile on her face.  Aunt Pat thought it was due to her giving Chloe a tummy rub at the time.  Chloe and I know better.  Aunt Pat made a joke about using dog poop as an energy source, and it got Chloe very excited. Aunt Pat thought it could be dried and burned to produce power.   I swatted Aunt Pat with my foreleg.  She thought I was having a dream in which I was running, so she wasn't mad at me.  Good thing Daddy came home from work.  I got up to see what he was having for dinner.  Chloe still had that goofy look on her face, so Aunt Pat took her outside.  You guessed it, Chloe made her donation to the cause.  She stood there and looked at Aunt Pat, waiting for her to come get her contribution.  So, I went outside and distracted Chloe so she wouldn't be too disappointed.  But, come to find out, Aunt Pat wasn't all wet.  We just saw a commercial for GE who is using manure, among other things, to create energy. 


Anyway, today Chloe and I got to take another ride in the car!  Thankfully, it wasn't just around the neighborhood.  We got to go to the Groomer!  We really needed it.  You've seen our "before" photos.  Now here are our "after" shots. 


Note the very Spring-like color to Chloe's hair bows.  I'm sporting a spiffy Valentine's Day bandanna.  We were so happy when we got home, Chloe ran around the back yard like a crazy dog, and I made a snow dog in the fresh snow that had fallen while we were inside.
 

No comments: