Saturday, December 24, 2011

Getting Ready For Santa


 We hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas Eve.  Freddy and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus.  I told Freddy we didn't have to be that obvious about it.  I told him that we still had to be good and later tonight we'll have to be all snug in our beds, or Santa won't come!  I hope Aunt Pat can lure him upstairs with a Charlee Bear.  I know Freddy apologized to Santa for growling at him, but I just hope in his enthusiasm to make nice with the jolly old elf, that he doesn't scare the man off.  I'd hate to hear Rudolph's hooves on the roof just to have him take off again. 
We all know Christmas Eve is a time of family gatherings.  Ours is no exception.  This morning, Daddy and Aunt Pat took us over to see Freddy's breeder.  They're so nice.  Even though I'm not a blood relative like Freddy, they really want me to feel like one of the family.  They  made us Christmas ornaments for our tree, and they put me in the photo of Freddy and his mom, Gracie.  I didn't know what to do, I was so overwhelmed by their kindness.  
They also made Freddy a cute bone ornament that they put his name on.  And, they gave us some new toys to play with.

Daddy and Aunt Pat gave Stanley and Jade new toys, and they had the same artist that did the picture of us that Daddy gave Aunt Pat after Heidi died, and for last year at Christmas, do one of Gracie.  It came out very nice.  We all hope they like it.  they put it next to Gracie's ashes.  Stanley almost had the squeaker out of his toy before we left.
 When we got home, I thought Freddy would continue to be really good.  I had him on the sofa with me, and we napped after we got home from our afternoon walkies.  Daddy said he wasn't feeling too well-scratchy throat and some muscle aches, so I went upstairs to snuggle with him to make him feel better.
Wouldn't you know it, Freddy got bored and started to play with our presents!  Now, I know technically, since they were given to us today, that it's okay to play with them.  But Freddy may be on thin ice with Santa, and one screw up could make this a not so Merry Christmas.  Aunt Pat wasn't bothered by it, but some times I think she's fooled by his cute looks and how Freddy turns on the charm when he lays on his back to ask for a tummy rub.  He's such a schmoozer. 

  Freddy didn't know what toy to play with first, so he took both of them!
I wasn't amused when I heard about it.  I'm going to stay on the sofa for a while and make sure he stays out of trouble until it's time to go to sleep.  

No comments: