Friday, January 16, 2009

Indoor Games



It's been very, very cold the past couple of days, and we've only been outside long enough to do our business and go in. Daddy and Aunt Pat don't want me to eat the snow or roll around in it like I love to do.

So, I've had to do some rolling around on the floor to get my scratching in. Granted, Daddy and Aunt Pat will scratch me behind my ears and give me many tummy rubs, but there's something about cold, wet, and scratchy that a girl can't resist.

We've been playing with our toys, and we've been playing a new game. It's called "Crowd the Human Off The Sofa." Chloe and I will hop onto the sofa at first, then Katie will come over and stare at the sofa, then look at Aunt Pat with her "help me" look. Aunt Pat will get off the sofa and pick Katie up. Then, Katie will lay down and Chloe and I will spread out so Aunt Pat won't have a place to sit. She tries to sit down, but will usually sit in the recliner because she doesn't want to disturb us because we look comfortable.

We did something similar in Aunt Pat's bedroom the other night. Chloe and I went in and wouldn't leave! Chloe scratched, whined and jumped at the side of the bed, and wouldn't quit until Aunt Pat picked her up and placed her on the bed. Chloe settled in for a long winter's nap while I flopped down onto the floor at the side of the bed. Aunt Pat left the room a couple of times. Normally, we'll follow her, but Chloe and I stayed put. Chloe stayed until she had to go outside around 3am. Then, she went into Daddy's room as usual. I went in and out, alternating between Aunt Pat's room and Daddy's room. I'd love to get up on the bed, but it's too high off the ground for me to jump onto, and I'm too big for Aunt Pat to lift. I've been sending signals for her to get some special pet stairs, but I don't think Aunt Pat's getting the hint.

We've been playing Indoor Fetch, Chew the Tennis Ball, and Chloe still loves to play Hide the Biskee, both indoors and outside. Daddy found one in the sofa this morning when he vacuumed it. Even though we've had a lot of snow, Chloe knows right where she left her biskee and will dig until she finds it.


No comments: