Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'll Be So Happy When The Snow Melts


I like snow. I really do. I love to roll around in it, eat it and lay down on it. I'm not thrilled, however, with all the work I have to do to get my grass intake. A girl needs her fiber, you know. Unfortunately, we can't always get grass when we dig. Sometimes we'll end up eating things that may upset our tummies, like leaves, so Daddy and Aunt Pat don't like us to dig in the yard. They say we get enough fiber in the food they give us. I'm sure there is, but there's nothing like the taste of fresh lawn to brighten up a cold and dreary winter day. Aunt Pat has a garden for the same reason, so I don't see the problem.

Granted, the humans have been finding little spots of spit up around the house. Nothing major, just a little spot here and there. We're all eating just fine and we're not acting sick, but they are keeping a close eye on us. Daddy and Aunt Pat won't hesitate to take us to the Vet if we need to go.

Katie doesn't like the cold and snow at all. She'll stay out long enough to do her business; greet the neighbors even though they might be inside their houses looking out the window; or even have a little chat with Lucky or one of the other neighborhood dogs. Then, Daddy or Aunt Pat had better be by the back door, because Katie will run over to it to be let inside. If she doesn't get let in right away, she'll glare at the offending human and give a sharp "get over here now" bark. It's been rather cold lately, so Katie hasn't been at all patient.

We've really taken to staying in Aunt Pat's bedroom. There's a nice throw rug on the floor she made for the powder room that she brought upstairs. We've found that if we stay there and ignore her requests for us to leave, and if we stay put when she leaves the room, she'll break down and let us stay for the night. I haven't been able to get in the bed, so I split my time between her bedroom floor and the dog bed in Daddy's room. Chloe will jump up against the bed until Aunt Pat picks her up and puts her on top of the bed. Chloe's jumping jiggles the bed to the point where she'll get nauseated because of her vertigo and motion intolerance problems.

My running around the bed looking for a way up doesn't help Aunt Pat's nausea, but I'm too big for her to pick up. Darn it! Some day I'll get my chance.

No comments: