Monday, April 6, 2009

I Went To The Vet Today


Daddy and Aunt Pat have been a little concerned about me. I've been a little...snappy with Chloe and Katie. I also haven't been as interested in playing fetch lately, either indoors or outdoors. So, Daddy made an appointment to be sure I'm not sick. The good news, is that the Vet thinks my arthritis is acting up. He check my ears, eyes, and everything else. Then, he had me take a walk with the Vet Tech-who gave me a couple of tasty treats to get me moving. The Vet said I walked like an "old arthritic dog." Humph! Arthritic, yes, old, I don't think a hair over 8 years old is very old. I also need to lose close to 15 pounds. I weighed in at 94 pounds. I think the Vet Tech put her foot on the scale, but she denied it. Darn, I really hoped the Groomer was wrong, but she wasn't.

So, we're increasing my aspirin dose, and if that doesn't work, there are other medications we can try. Plus, I'm going on a serious diet. We all are. The Vet said that he has special food the humans can get if they need to, but for now cutting portion sizes and getting more exercise would be a good start. He hopes I can lose a half of a pound by next Friday, the 17th. That's when we all go to get our Heartworm tests done.

Aunt Pat's been online pricing treadmills, but I think we're going to stick with walks outside. It will be nice to get outside and see the neighborhood. It would be nice to meet some of the people we've only barked at.

Katie and Chloe got very excited when the leash came out. I was too. I moved around so much that I almost ran Aunt Pat headlong into the refrigerator when she tried to put the leash on. How ironic.

No comments: