Friday, February 12, 2010

The Humans Aren't The Only Ones...


excited about baseball season! I never realized how big a fan Chloe is of baseball. But yesterday,
Aunt Pat came home and found one of Daddy's baseball cards on the floor in the living room. Somebody had chewed the corner and part of the center of it. Aunt Pat didn't see Chloe chew it, but the chew marks were too small for me to make. Aunt Pat wasn't upset, since the player wasn't one of the Cubs, her favorite team. Daddy wasn't upset either, since it was a card that came in the frame he used to display his older cards.

When Daddy got home from work, he saw the card on his bed. Chloe ran into his room and when Daddy showed her the card, she grabbed it from his hand and ran into Aunt Pat's room! There, she settled down on the rug and chewed the rest of the top of the card off.

Daddy was concerned that Chloe might have some tummy trouble from eating the card, but she's been fine.

I'm feeling better, too. But, the Rehab Vet doesn't want me to do too much, even though I want to. I'm afraid I need to work on the sad pathetic puppy look. Aunt Pat just sighs and tells me "Sorry, Heidi, you have to take it easy" when I drop a stick at her feet to play fetch. Throwing it myself just isn't the same. When she's ready to take Chloe for a walk, I'll bark when she's putting Chloe's leash on. I'll even jump up and down a little when I bark, to show her I'm really okay to walk. Heck, I went to the Rehab Vet and even did a little walking on the underwater treadmill without a problem. I was so relaxed, I fell asleep during the ultrasound treatment. I also had another Adequan shot. I felt so good this afternoon, I did my jumpy bark when Aunt Pat was bending over to get her boots on, and I accidentally smacked her in the head. Thankfully Aunt Pat's glasses didn't break, and she doesn't have any bruises. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stay quiet...and practice being the sad puppy.

No comments: