Monday, September 20, 2010

Joyride!!

Chloe and I got to go for a joyride the other day!  No, we didn't drive.  Chloe can't reach the pedals and although I could if I sat properly, it's hard to grip the steering wheel without thumbs.  But, I figured out to get Aunt Pat to take us out.  It was easier than I thought.


Aunt Pat went outside into the garage.   I just followed her out of the kitchen door without her realizing it.  She was a little startled when she saw me walking beside her.  I think she was worried that I'd take off down the street or something. Chloe might, but I wouldn't.  I don't like being away from Aunt Pat for too long.  I just stood by the back door of the car and would not move when she called me.  I kept looking at the car, then at Aunt Pat, and back at the car again.  Finally, she opened the door and let me in the back.  I think the not moving part was key.  By this time, Daddy came around to see what was going on.  He got Chloe, and I let her ride shotgun.  I prefer the back seat anyway.  I love to stretch out and feel the ride.  It's very soothing.  That's one reason I like going to the Rehab Vet so much, we have a nice long car ride to get there and back. 

Chloe was very excited as well.  She was very surprised that we were going for a ride and enjoyed every minute of it.  She was very good, once she figured out I had dibs on the back seat.  Aunt Pat didn't take us too far.  We just went around a couple of blocks and back.  Next time, I'm sure we'll go a little farther.  I hear the bank give out treats to people who take their dogs though the drive up teller.

No comments: