Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's Labor Day Weekend!

Chloe and I hope everyone has been having a wonderful holiday weekend!  This is the last hurrah of summer, and the last time to take a summer vacation before school starts.  At least that's what Chloe and I've heard all over the television the last couple of weeks.  So, Chloe and I decided to give Aunt Pat a vacation.  Just from the blog, though.  We're still spending quality time together on our walkies; squishing her between us while we sit on the sofa, hanging out in the living room, etc.


Aunt Pat didn't take us anywhere fun.  I don't count my trips to the Rehab Vet, even though I enjoy them, as vacation fun.  Aunt Pat said it's because it's been so hot out lately she doesn't want us getting sick.  I understand that, but for heaven's sake, the car has air conditioning!  I gave her my best let's "Go For a Ride In The Car" look.  Silly me, I thought that stopping at the car door, and planting my forepaws so she'd have to stop and encourage me to move, would've made my desires well known.  Guess not. Guess I'll have to start barking at the car door next.

Instead, we've continued to help Aunt Pat freeze vegetables...and sample them for quality control.  We've been making a game of it.  Aunt Pat has been throwing the beans, either raw or once they've been blanched and cooled, from the kitchen into the dining room.  I'll get up and run after them.  Sometimes I don't find them right away so I'll have to hunt around for them.  Aunt Pat hands the beans to Chloe.  She doesn't want Chloe to get hurt if we both go after the same bean.  A two dog pileup in the kitchen wouldn't be pretty.  We certainly don't want to add to the Labor Day accident statistics.  

No comments: