Friday, November 26, 2010

He Petted Me!!

Today was the big day!  Daddy and Aunt Pat took Chloe and me out to the local Humane Society for our yearly Christmas photos and a one on one with the man himself!  That's right!  The one and only Santa Claus gave me some nice pats on my head!  He wasn't even on duty yet!  We got there a little early and were waiting in the hallway while the nice folks were getting everything fine tuned.  Aunt Pat noticed Santa coming towards us.  I got up and wagged my tail.  He put his hand out for me to take a sniff, and then, he said I was a good girl and gave me a nice pat on the head.  He also petted Chloe, too.  The photographer even remembered us from last year.  Daddy was a little surprised by that, but I wasn't.  How could anyone forget us?   This is the best photo of the bunch.

Chloe was very excited by the whole experience.  Aunt Pat made us new bandannas especially for the occasion.  Chloe helped...a little.  The gate was up at the top of the stairs, so Chloe whined...err, called advice to her.  Chloe whined a little when we first started out, but once she realized we weren't going to the Vet, she settled down.  She enjoyed the scenery.  The horses, sheep and even the cows were out, which Chloe hasn't ever seen before in person. Of course, she loved seeing the other dogs.  I made sure she stayed focused.  I went in first, and once Aunt Pat put my bandanna on, I headed straight for Santa.  There were some shavings on the floor, which Chloe wanted to play in.  But once she saw me enjoying Santa's company, she came over and we got down to business.  It didn't take long, and when the door opened, I was ready to head back to the car.  Aunt Pat  had to call me back because I didn't have my harness back on.  Oops!  Aunt Pat took us to the car while Daddy waited for the photos.

No comments: