Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas


Ever since Daddy and Aunt Pat took us to see Santa, Chloe can't wait until the big guy makes his visit.  I'm sure she wasn't expecting him to come this early.  She knows Christmas is the 25th.  That's less than a week away!  I hope your shopping is finished.  We told Daddy and Aunt Pat what we wanted them to buy from us to give to each other.  We'd love to go shopping, but the only store we're welcome in is the pet store.  I just don't think Daddy or Aunt Pat would like chew toys or noms like Chloe or I would.  I'd love to go to the mall to see what's around.  We'd be happy lay down in the cafe at the bookstore while the humans browsed.  The only dogs that get to do fun stuff like that are guide dogs or service dogs.   It wouldn't be right if Aunt Pat made us a little sash or coat that said "Therapy Dog in Training, or Guide Dog in Training...unless you count retail therapy as therapy, or sniffing out a bargain is a guide dog's duty.  Hmm...Chloe and I stand by when Aunt Pat's in the kitchen, or on the computer, or in the shower, to make sure she doesn't fall.  I wonder how "Balance Dog" would go over if we got stopped by security?  Probably not well.  I guess this means Chloe and I will have to dream about Christmas until it gets here.


The weather's been contributing to the Christmas feel.  Last week it got very cold and very snowy.  It was too bad out to go for our walks.  Chloe was not happy, but she understood.  Daddy was so cool!  He took us for rides in the car on days we couldn't walk.  They weren't short rides around the block, we actually got to go out and see the sights around town.  We've been dashing through the snow in the backyard.  Daddy shoveled a smaller path-I have better footing when there's some snow on the ground.  I don't like walking where there's ice or crunchy snow.  I don't like to slip, and the humans are afraid I'll pull another muscle like I did last year.  To get on firmer ground, I'll drag the humans through a snowbank if that's what it takes to avoid bad footing.  Chloe and I don't like to miss any messages from the neighborhood dogs, so we'll sometimes change direction rather quickly if one of us picks up a scent.  The yellow snow is our "You've Got Mail" confirmation that we've got "pee mail" as Aunt Pat refers to it.  Don't worry, we don't eat the killer yellow snow, since Chloe and I will eat just about anything.  We just sniff it...and then Chloe usually leaves a reply right over the original message.  She's very social, even if the original message is a little higher up on a snow pile than usual.  She has to get the last word in.

No comments: