Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Grreat Debate!


No, I'm not talking about this debate. Everybody knows dogs aren't eligible to vote. We don't have thumbs, so how could we work the voting machine? We have our opinions, though. During the early part of the campaign, Katie growled at the T.V. screen when Sen. Clinton came on screen to talk. I'm talking about the debate of which toy to chew up, err, play with! This is much more fun than politics, at least for us. Daddy loves to collect political memorabilia. He's put a lot in shadow boxes or had some items framed and has hung them up in his bedroom and in the family room.

Actually, my debate was over which toy to chew up, err, play with first! Aunt Pat found these toys when she went to get some pee pads. I, of course, have to inspect everything that comes into the house to make sure it's safe for my sisters. My choice did not reflect my humans' political feelings, because I have no idea how they're going to vote. But, I think it's pretty cool that one of the Presidential Candidates' names sounds like "Bark". As you can see below, I chose the donkey to play with first.

But, to give each party equal time, I chewed on the elephant.

In fact, my sisters and I chewed on them so much, Aunt Pat had to throw them out. The donkey fit better into Katie's mouth, but she also chewed on the elephant. Chloe wanted to play with anything I was playing with. She's like that. Katie or I will play with a toy, and Chloe wants to play with us, or take the toy. I let her, since I'm a good role model for my sister. Sometimes Katie will growl at her or me and take the toy elsewhere if she's really playing with it.

Chloe's found a new spot to rest. She's been going beneath the dining room table at times, to eat, but now she'll often lay under the table to lay down if Daddy or Aunt Pat's in the kitchen, or in the living room. She has a nice safe spot I can't get to without some effort, if she wants to savor her biskee, or an after dinner snooze.

No comments: