Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome To Fall


and we're doing our part to help get things ready for what Aunt Pat thinks will be a cold winter.
She's noticed the squirrels are taking a lot of small branches and leaves to their nests, and a lot more of the smaller branches on the ground. I've noticed it's getting dark earlier, and it's already getting colder outside. We're not staying outside as long as we used to, especially in the morning and at night. The afternoons haven't been too bad, though. Chloe and I have been helping Aunt Pat put the garden to bed.

No, I don't mean this type of bed, although I was a little confused at first when Aunt Pat told me what she was doing. Chloe and I made sure that all of the strawberries have been picked. Chloe learned quickly what to look for in a good berry. Yes, we ate many of them...well, most of them. But, there weren't that many to begin with, and there's nothing like fresh produce straight from the ground. Unfortunately, a couple of the plants got trampled, but I'm sure they'll grow back.

Aunt Pat picked the lettuce AND the carrots, so she shouldn't be too upset about a few strawberries.

No comments: