Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!!


We're sending lots of love and sloppy kisses to Daddy. He's got the flu and is feeling pretty lousy. Today, the humans celebrated Groundhog Day. Honestly, I don't see how whether or not some groundhog named Phil saw his shadow on a certain day can predict the length of a season! Anyone whose ever lived here knows there will be at least six more weeks of winter. Heck, I could prognosticate with my shadow too! I'm much better looking and more personable than a ground hog! I wouldn't bite the mayor like a groundhog did in New York City. I'd drop the ball in front of him and ask him to play fetch, or roll on my side to get a tummy rub. Hmmm. Grounddog Day sounds much nicer than Groundhog day. And yes, I saw my shadow this morning.



Daddy noticed Katie butt scooting yesterday, so Aunt Pat took her to the Vet today to have her anal glands checked out. Chloe went with her for moral support-actually she jumped all over Aunt Pat so she had to take her. I would've liked to go and I barked in Aunt Pat's ear to tell her. But, she needed someone to stay home and watch the house. I got the door to Daddy's bedroom open and chewed some paper in his garbage can.


The girls met the nicest terrier puppy in the waiting room. Chloe had a few nice sniffs and really wanted to play. The puppy did too, but Chloe's enthusiasm may have scared her a little. The puppy hid for a minute or two under her mommy's chair, but was ready to play again in a minute or two. They went in ahead of so, so Chloe calmed down and jumped onto the chair and sat pretty until big puppy came out of an exam room. They had a good sniff of each other, too.

Chloe helped keep Katie calm in the exam room. When the Vet put her up on the exam table, Chloe raised up on her hind legs, like she wanted to get up on the table with Katie! She just tried to give a comforting nose nuzzle and kiss, and stood behind Aunt Pat. Chloe watched everything closely, and when Katie was done, she gave Katie a reassuring sniff and nose nuzzle.

Katie has to go back next week to have them re-checked. One of the anal glands had a little nodule in it, and the Vet wants to check it to see if it will go away since he's expressed the gland.

No comments: