Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chloe's Going Green!


Chloe heard that going green means doing things that are more Earth friendly. I don't think she realized it meant reducing our carbon paw print to protect the environment. Chloe took a more literal approach and became very friendly with the earth! She rolled around in the wet grass last night and Daddy found these green spots on her coat when he got up this morning!

When Aunt Pat cleaned Chloe up, she tried to explain to Chloe the difference between protecting the environment and getting friendly with the Earth. Recycling dog food cans; using a mulching lawn mower; buying wholesome dog food; and cleaning up our waste on our walks so it doesn't contaminate the ground water if it were to get washed into the sewer during a rainstorm are examples of being environmentally friendly. Rolling around in the wet grass; picking up clumps of grass or leaves, throwing them and pouncing on them are examples of getting friendly with the Earth.

Aunt Pat and I thought that Chloe understood. After all, she's learned the obedience behaviors faster than either Katie or me. I'm not so sure now, though. This evening when we went outside, Chloe did it again! She rolled around in the damp grass and she's got some grass stains on her again! Aunt Pat thinks Chloe just likes rolling around in the grass.

Katie went to the Vet Friday. Daddy noticed her scooting across the yard a little, and that she seemed to have a hard time when she did a number two. So, he figured he'd better call and have her seen to be safe. They got a little out of the one anal gland she has left and she's been fine since. While they were there, they weighed her. Katie has lost a pound! Tuesday, Aunt Pat is taking me to the Vet to get my nails cut and to have these warty-looking things on my face looked at. Aunt Pat hopes to get me on the scale. My collar looks a little looser, so hopefully I've lost some weight. We'll keep you posted.

No comments: