Friday, May 22, 2009

Katie's Not The Only Skinny Girl Around Here


I've lost weight too! Aunt Pat took me to the Vet earlier this week so I could have my nails trimmed and these warts on my face examined. Daddy and Aunt Pat wanted to be sure they weren't a problem because they're close to my eyes, and the one on my snout looked a little funny. The Vet said they were just warts, and that he could remove them if necessary. But, I'm not scratching or pawing at them, or rubbing my face along the ground at all, so we'll leave well enough alone.

We're not sure how much weight I've lost. The Vet Tech said 6 pounds, but none of us could believe it. The humans have been watching my diet and I've been exercising more, but not that much! The Vet Tech thought I must have been moving around when getting weighed the last time, so my weight wasn't accurate. They still think I should keep up with the diet and exercise. Too bad. I was hoping to bark my way, err, ask nicely for some extra biskees.

This week in class Chloe started to learn "Come", Stay", how to walk properly on a leash, and how to go down without getting a food treat. Yeah, right. Chloe's a smart girl. She'll lay down when the humans tell her to, but a yummy piece of turkey or chicken held in front of her face shows her where to go. Sometimes the humans use the word "down" when Chloe gets up on them. They need to be consistent...and give up the treats. Hopefully Aunt Pat can get Chloe to do it before the next class. We've even been doing our training exercises outside, to make sure it's not the distractions.

No comments: