Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Got a Package!

When the UPS man pulls up in his big brown truck, it's normally a package for Daddy or Aunt Pat.  But yesterday, it was for me!  Granted, it was addressed to Aunt Pat, but it was really for me.  Daddy went out and helped the guy because there were two big boxes!  I was so excited, I even got up from the sofa and barked!  I don't always get excited about stuff like that, since that time of the afternoon is our usual nap time...and who doesn't enjoy a good nap!

Daddy and Aunt Pat opened the boxes, and out popped this! A new dog bed for me!  This one is special- it's an orthopedic dog bed.  It's made of foam so it'll provide extra support.  I can use it, since I have arthritis.  Daddy and Aunt Pat had a little struggle putting it together, since foam isn't always easy to move.  I went over and gave the innards a good sniff, and wanted to let the humans know I appreciated their efforts.

Once Daddy and Aunt Pat had it assembled, Daddy took it upstairs.  Aunt Pat moved one of the beds that was already in her bedroom, to the den, and Daddy put the new bed in Aunt Pat's room.  I didn't get in it until Aunt Pat got in it first.  I thought I'd let her go first, to be polite, and to make sure it was okay. I let Chloe get in it before I did, because she looked so excited.
  It rained yesterday, and whenever Chloe gets wet, she'll run around the house, and roll on the rug,.  Chloe tries to make drying off a game.  I chased her a little.  But, eventually we got upstairs, and as you can see, Chloe really went to town.

   I waited a little while, but I tried it out.  I even slept in it for a while last night.  It was pretty comfortable.  I still want to sleep in Aunt Pat's bed, but until she lets me in, this bed will do nicely.

No comments: