Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Bark!


Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Today, every dog is an Irish Setter! And no, we're not eating corned beef and cabbage, darn it! Just the same old kibble. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a few extra bis-kees (dog biscuits) from them, since Daddy and Aunt Pat have some Irish heritage. Nor are the humans dressing us up like leprechauns for the day...thank heavens!

Cats aren't the only curious animals. I love playing fetch with my tennis balls. So, I wanted to see what made them so bouncy. I had to work fast, since Aunt Pat threw away the first one I tried to take apart. I knew she'd throw this one away once she saw what I was doing.
If you look closely, you can see the small yellow pieces of the ball's cover I took off. Aunt Pat threw those out for me so I wouldn't swallow them. I was so surprised (and so was Aunt Pat) that the ball was hollow! It quickly followed the other one into the garbage.

Chloe likes to chew, too. She was pretty frisky this weekend, wanting to play all the time.
Here she is with the blue chew toy she likes to play with. She really whirled it around! The picture is rather blurry because she was flinging her head around from side to side. She even wanted to play with me!

I know being the youngest can be a little tough, so I just let her have it. Funny thing is, once she got it, she didn't want to play with it any more. Daddy said it was similar to when he and Aunt Pat were puppies, er, I mean kids. Pretty soon, Chloe got tired and laid on a plushy afghan Aunt Pat had made that was on the recliner.

No comments: