Friday, March 7, 2008

Playtime!



We just love playtime. Any time someone wants to throw a tennis ball or a squeaky toy to me, I'll get it. When we're outside, sometimes Aunt Pat will throw the ball into a snowdrift, so I have to paw at the snow and stick my nose in to go in after it. I don't know if she does this on purpose to keep me from getting bored, or if she just has bad aim. I also like to stop and will lay down and rest, or roll over in the snow. Aunt Pat hopes I don't roll over in the mud once the snow melts.
When we're inside, we play with our toys.
Chloe gets interested in whatever Katie or I are playing with. Last night, Aunt Pat was throwing the ball to me- I know we shouldn't play ball in the house, but it's a tennis ball and the humans can throw it from where ever they're sitting. Besides, I'll get it before it hits anything. Anyway, after a couple of tosses, Chloe starts chasing the ball with me! Aunt Pat got up and picked up a chew toy Chloe tried to take while I was playing with it, and threw both the ball and the toy at the same time! Did Chloe chase the toy she'd wanted? Nope. She went after the ball! She didn't pick it up. She just stared at it until I picked it up. It looks like I'll have to give her some "fetch" lessons.

Katie's been showing Chloe the ropes around the yard.

Katie acts like a little mother some times. Whenever we go out with Aunt Pat, Katie will stand at the top of the stairs and bark until she comes out. Chloe follows her around and will sniff around places either Katie or I have done our business, and then do the same thing on that spot. When Katie's ready to go in, she'll stand at the top of the stairs and will stare at Aunt Pat or give a little bark. When Katie goes in, we all go in. I don't mind, though. The humans give us biskees (dog biscuits) right after we're done. I think they're HAPPY we do our business in the yard.

At night, Katie and Chloe will curl up in the dog bed in Daddy's room. Katie loves a green afghan Daddy and Aunt Pat's mother made, and she lays on it all the time. Chloe loves it too, and they will often lay on it together while we wait for Daddy to get home from work.

No comments: