Friday, June 13, 2008

Daddy's Our Hero!


This morning when Daddy let us out to do our business, we saw a big bunny rabbit in the yard! I think we scared it, and it tried to wiggle underneath the fence escape into the next door neighbor's yard. Chloe got very excited, and she and Katie kept barking at it even though Daddy told us to back away. I backed off, though. You just never know if the rabbits in the yard could be the Easter Bunny in disguise, or somebody working for him. I want to be sure I get biskees in my Easter basket next year...and nothing else.

Well, Daddy saw that the rabbit was stuck under the fence! He was afraid the rabbit would get hurt, or we would get hurt if we got too close. Daddy got the snips out and clipped a link in the fence and helped the rabbit get away! Aunt Pat didn't see any blood on the ground with all the fur the rabbit shed, so she thought the rabbit was unharmed.

Chloe's been very excited all day! Mommy stopped over to see us, and Chloe told her all about it. A thunderstorm moved in so we couldn't go out and show Mommy where it all happened. Katie had to have her nerve pill, so she's been pretty sleepy most of the day.
Now, every time we go outside, Chloe patrols the area to see if the rabbit has come back.
Daddy, Aunt Pat and I tried to tell her that the rabbit is gone, but she keeps sniffing and looking into the neighbor's yard for any sign of our visitor. I'm sure Chloe would love to know if the bunny is okay and make friends with it. Aunt Pat just wants to make sure the bunny doesn't eat the lettuce and the strawberries that are getting ripe in the garden. Hmm. I wonder if Aunt Pat would let me eat a strawberry from the garden? I'll have to practice my begging bark, and all the cute looks I can muster. Maybe if I get Chloe to practice her cuteness, it'll get her mind off the rabbit!

No comments: