Monday, June 9, 2008

Keeping Cool


It's been very hot and humid the last few days, which can be dangerous for us. Daddy and Aunt Pat won't let us stay outside for long because they don't want us to overheat. We don't stay outside for very long anyway. It can be a little hard to...ahem..perform one's daily necessities when someone is standing over you, watching. Well, they really aren't standing over us, but they'd like us to keep the sniffing around to a minimum. When we are outside, we generally stay in the shady areas.

If anyone starts panting too hard, it's inside the house immediately for some cool air and fresh cool water. They've even put a few ice cubes in our water dish as a nice treat. It's nice and comfy inside because the house is air conditioned. I'll sometimes lay down on the exposed tile in the family room because it feels nice against my tummy.

I scared Aunt Pat today. We were playing fetch this morning, when it was cool out. I went to get the ball and tried to stop because the ball bounced to one side. Well, I turned while I slid and got the ball. Aunt Pat noticed that I was limping, favoring my right front leg. I still wanted to play, but Aunt Pat tossed the ball right to me! I wasn't happy, so she only threw it a little way, so she could see if I was still limping. I was a little, so Daddy called the Vet. I felt fine. I ran up the stairs to get my biskee, and Daddy and Aunt Pat pet me and I didn't flinch or whine, and there was no warmth or swelling. The doctor said to watch me, to see how I did today, and if I needed to, I could come in to see him. Well, thankfully I'm fine. Aunt Pat hasn't seen any limping since early afternoon, and I'm still running around as usual. Especially when there's a biskee involved. I really don't want to go to the Vet's tomorrow with Katie. She's going for a quick weigh-in to see if she's lost any weight since she's been eating our new food.

No comments: