Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm Getting Worried...


about Daddy and Aunt Pat. When I bark and start jumping up and down, they normally know that I'm telling them I want a biskee. Especially when I do this after we've come in from outside, or after they've eaten. Heck, if they're not going to share their food, the least they can do is give us a biskee. But lately, they've been saying "Show me" like they don't know where the biskees are. Have they been spending too much time in the sun? I run up the stairs, barking and making darn sure the humans are behind me. Then I'll jump and bark when we get to the cupboards by the refrigerator. Daddy will open the door and get me the biskee, but Aunt Pat will sometimes pat the cupboard to make sure it's the one. I don't know, maybe it's the "brain fog" she keeps talking about. Eventually we'll get our biskees. Although, a couple of days ago Daddy and Aunt Pat were laughing about this, so I wonder if this is something they consider a trick that I'm doing. If it is, well, then, that's okay...as long as we get our biskees.


Chloe must think she's Superdog. Yesterday, when we were outside, she spotted a squirrel running across one of the wires on the pole. The chase was on. Chloe ran below and barked, following that squirrel until it went into the neighbor's tree. I swear she thought she could fly up and catch it! Katie and Chloe also barked at a cat that wandered into the S's yard. Katie used to bark at the cat next door when we lived in our old house. I think Katie wanted it to go away, but Chloe wanted it to come over. With every bark, she leaned back like she does when she wants to play, and ran around in front of the fence. The cat didn't care. She (or he) hunched down and crawled under the gate into the S's front yard. Every time we went out, Chloe ran to the fence looking for her friend. She was very disappointed when she didn't see her friend again.

No comments: