Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Shouldn't Have Spoken So Soon...


when I talked about Katie's "Ewww" moment. I had one too, yesterday. Aunt Pat was having breakfast in the bedroom she uses for a den. We all hang out there while she's eating and reading the morning news on her computer. Well, lets just say one minute she heard me gag, and the next minute she found a nice...present on the rug right beneath her chair. Thankfully, it was an old rug, but it wasn't machine washable. Aunt Pat cleaned up the big mess and tossed the rug in the garbage.

We're resting on it in this photo. Luckily, a department store she likes was having a sale, and she had a coupon to get extra money off, so she bought a nice new throw rug. This one is a bit cushier than the old one, and can be tossed in the washer if anything happens. I was fine the rest of the day. I ate a little too much grass while we were outside. I can't help myself. It all looks so good!
Katie's been just fine since her little escapade in the yard. She's been patrolling that same spot where she found her little "snack" but hasn't found anything else.
Chloe keeps chasing squirrels that are on the phone lines, and in the shrubs in the yard. I swear she's part bird dog. When she hears a rustle or sees a bird or chipmunk, her ears perk up, she points with her leg and looks around where she heard the noise. All this work tires a girl out. So after a nice tummy rub, Chloe takes her afternoon nap.

No comments: