Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy, Busy


There's a lot of work to be done around the house! The weather's been rather changeable lately, so the humans haven't been able to do as much yard work as they'd like. Plus, the weather changes trigger Aunt Pat's migraines, so she hasn't felt well. So, Chloe and I decided that we needed to pitch in and help.

Chloe heard Aunt Pat talk about needing to transplant some flowers and to dig up some bulbs to move them to the front yard. So, she sniffed around the garden, and dug a few holes so all Aunt Pat had to do was reach in and pull the bulbs out. Unfortunately, Chloe was only right about one spot. Chloe, however, was so insistent, that she dug one of the holes again after Aunt Pat filled it back in. Aunt Pat has left it alone, for now, but there were no bulbs in it. If you ask me, Chloe should have concentrated on digging out the weeds.

I've been working both inside and outside. Aunt Pat and Daddy both went out yesterday, and I saw the pile of papers waiting by the paper shredder. Who needs a shredder when you've got me? Aunt Pat thinks it was me, the chew marks are bigger than Chloe, and she usually goes for Daddy's garbage when both of the humans are out.

Outside, I've taught myself how to pick carrots! I watched Aunt Pat pull a few out of the container she has some in, so I figured she must have stopped because she got dizzy or something. The carrots looked nice and orange, and were a perfect size. I should know, I sniffed and ate one she had in her hand. I thought she wanted to pick more, so I pulled one out. This only works when the ground is wet, though. When I've pulled at the carrot tops when the ground is dry, I end up with a mouthful of carrot tops. Here I'm inspecting some vintage handkerchiefs and cloth napkins Aunt Pat washed and laid in the sun to dry. Some of them got clean, but Aunt Pat agrees with me that some will need to be re-soaked.

No comments: