Friday, August 21, 2009

I Have a Face That Melts Your Heart


I'm not making that up, or tooting my own horn. Although, I do have that certain...something about me. Daddy took me to the Vet yesterday and one of the Veterinary Assistants said that about me. She didn't say it just so I would behave. They're very kind and caring at our new Vet.
They even sent a sympathy card after they found out Katie died.

Before I go any further, no, we haven't changed Vets. I still see our regular Vet from time to time, and I love everyone there too. However, this Vet specializes in Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, Acupuncture and Chiropractic. I have arthritis in my hips and knees and I've been limping more of late. Daddy and Aunt Pat want to see if they can relieve some of the pain I'm in. Last month, Aunt Pat took me out there for an evaluation. Boy, they gave me a very thorough examination, and lots of yummy cookies. They said they thought they could help me, and gave us some exercises to do. They're called "cookie stretches" and Aunt Pat and I do them twice a day. Heck, anything with the word "cookie" in it has to be good, right? They gave me a laser treatment which felt so good I fell asleep on the way home. We had to wait to go back, though, because of Katie's illness.

Yesterday was our first treatment day. Daddy took the day off so he could see the place. They started off taking more video of my walking-I do hope they got my good side! Plus, they took some measurements. One of the Veterinary Assistants went with me into a special tub with a treadmill in it. When they started to fill it up with water, I thought it was drinkies all around! After a lick or two, I figured out it wasn't for drinking, especially since it came up to my belly. I had a nice little walk on the treadmill, and then they put me in the whirlpool. That was wonderful. After that, I had a laser treatment.

They showed Daddy some exercises to do at home. The humans need to gently flex and stretch my limbs once a day. I was pretty pooped when we were finished. I fell asleep on the ride home! I was pretty relaxed and happy the rest of the evening. I was a bit stiff and sore today. I snapped at Chloe a couple of times.


Tony's mom brought him over to play for a while, and I even felt like playing briefly. His mom said that he's missed Chloe. Chloe's missed him too. Whenever she sees him outside walking, she'll whine and bark. They had fun running around the back yard.

No comments: