Friday, August 28, 2009

More Fun At the Vet


Wow, I'm really beginning to like going to the Vet. I had another appointment with the new Vet yesterday, and it was just as much fun as the last time. I didn't get as many cookies this time, but that's okay. The laser treatment was wonderful, and I did pretty well in the underwater treadmill. I had a little difficulty getting into the treadmill, but I was following the cookie hand, not so much the person holding the cookie. It's still a little disconcerting to have the floor start to walk when I'm not, but I'm a fast learner. I especially enjoyed the whirlpool. I was a little wobbly when I got out, but that's normal. They gave Aunt Pat a notebook with progress notes from our day, and Daddy and Aunt Pat are expected to write notes about my activity and my progress. There's a section with exercises for me to do at home. I love the cookie stretches, but I don't always let the humans do the limb stretches on my rear legs.


I think Chloe is getting a little jealous, though. She's barked and jumped when Aunt Pat put me on the leash, and I thought we'd have to take her with us when we went. Maybe Aunt Pat could take Chloe for a drive somewhere this week. Heck, maybe she could take us both for a ride this week. Maybe she could take us to...the pet store, or out for lunch, or maybe even dinner! We can eat cheap. A simple hamburger, maybe. We're not fussy. We've been good, and we've been very helpful lately. Today we helped her plant our fall crop of spinach. I stood over, and sometimes under her, to make sure the rows were straight. With her balance problems, sometimes Aunt Pat has trouble telling if something is straight. Chloe made a pass afterwards to make sure all the seeds were covered, and to double check the rows.

No comments: