Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chloe Can Walk on Water!


Frozen water that is, not when it's in liquid form. All the snow we had last week is melting during the day, and freezes at night. So, the snow is really crunchy. For most of the week, it's been so deep, I've had to barge my way through it to get to other parts of the yard. Aunt Pat even stomped through my footsteps to make a path for Chloe to use. She's almost gotten stuck a couple of times. Let's face it, a girl likes to vary her, err, toileting areas, and I want to sample fresh snow.


But, since the thaw/freeze cycle started, Chloe has been able to walk right on top of the snow! She's been zipping right across the snow piles, and she's even climbed on snowbanks when Aunt Pat had her on their walks.

She tried to show me how she did it, but all I did was stumble.

I know I've made Aunt Pat and Daddy nervous because I've been slipping a little. I've been feeling a lot better and acting more like I used to before I pulled my groin muscle. They shouldn't worry. I know my limits and I don't want to re-injure myself. Last night the back yard was really slick, so when Aunt Pat had us out, I stayed in the garage. I didn't need to go, and I had my fill of snow. I'm getting sick of baby gates and only walking to the end of the driveway and back while Chloe gets to go around the neighborhood. I can sniff her and only imagine the sights and smells.

No comments: