Monday, March 22, 2010

Sneaky, Sneaky



Chloe may look all cute and cuddly, but inside, she's very devious. Especially when there's food around. She loves to beg at the dinner table. She'll put her front paws up on Daddy and Aunt Pat's leg, and stick her nose close to sniff while giving her "I'm-so-adorable-you-have-to-feed -me" look. If the humans don't give in, especially if they're eating snacks, like popcorn, she'll get bold and scratch. However, there are times, like in April, 2008, when there's something really good on the table, Chloe won't bother to beg. Nope, she'll just outright claim the item as hers.

Yesterday, Aunt Pat bought a fresh baked loaf of Italian bread from a local bakery. While she was at her knitting class, Daddy sliced it into these nice thick slices. Yum. He had a couple of pieces after he fed us and I heard him tell Chloe that she couldn't have any. That didn't stop Chloe. We were in the living room watching television, and Aunt Pat went upstairs to get something. That's when she found guess who walking around with a piece of bread in her mouth. Yep, Chloe had very quietly gotten up on a chair and gotten a piece off of the plate on the table. She was walking very carefully and quietly from room to room with her treat.

I think she was trying to find a hiding place, but was a little too worried about its safety to keep it in one place for too long. I don't think she trusted me to not eat it if I found it. Heaven knows I ate enough of the biskees she used to hide. Chloe finally ended up by the dining room table. I came in close to see if she'd maybe share her booty with me, but no such luck. She licked the sides a couple of times, and then ate it. I was a little surprised Chloe didn't at least let me have a taste. She usually shares her food with me when she's not looking, or I'll finish the rest once she's taken some pieces of kibble into the next room. I know she's finished, and we don't want to waste food.

I gave Aunt Pat a couple of my most adorable looks, but she didn't give me a slice. She said something about needing to keep my weight down. One piece of bread isn't a diet buster and I tried to tell Aunt Pat that. But, she thought I was asking for a treat, and at least she gave me one of those!

No comments: