Sunday, May 23, 2010

So, It's A Little Past Tomorrow


I know I said I'd have photos up on Friday, but now it's Sunday and I'm finally getting to it. Friday I was milking it for all it was worth...err more tired than I thought I'd be, and the humans were keeping a close eye on me. I'm a sucker for extra tummy rubs and sweet talk. I went for a morning walk, but was snoring when Aunt Pat was ready for our evening walk. So, she let me sleep and took Chloe. I know Chloe appreciated the time with Aunt Pat. Chloe wasn't much company for Aunt Pat on Thursday because she was very worried about me during my surgery. She moped around the house all day. When I got home, Chloe made sure I had something to eat, even though I wasn't supposed to. I wasn't supposed to eat until after 8:00pm.  Three hours is an eternity when you're hungry!  Plus, Chloe followed me around the backyard to be sure nothing happened while I was doing my business. She was the perfect nurse the rest of the night, staying out of my hair, but she was right there when she saw me move around, or if I looked like I needed something.

But yesterday, it was back to normal. I had to get out and see if there were any strawberries yet. I know, Aunt Pat says that strawberries don't come around here until June, but that's just next week! There may be some early ones coming that I need to eat, err, check on. It was a little too hot to go for an evening walk, but Chloe and I made Aunt Pat play fetch with us inside. We had a good time. Chloe was relieved I felt better. She stretched out on the sofa for a good nap.

No comments: