Sunday, May 16, 2010

Warts and All!


What a week!  We had a nasty wind and rain storm last weekend and it got really cold out!  Thankfully, our power stayed on, but there were a lot of people whose power went out, even in our neighborhood.  Daddy and Aunt Pat noticed that I've been scratching at my left eye a lot.  I have a wart on my eyelid that's started to bug me.  Plus, I've been rubbing my face against the rug, the sofa, sofa pillows, etc, trying to get it off.  Daddy took me to our regular Vet this past week and he gave the humans some ointment for my eye.  I'm going back on Thursday to have it removed.  The wart is getting removed, not my eye.  Although I might look pretty dashing with an eye patch.  Kind of like a pirate.  Yes, there have been female pirates in history.  Grace O'Malley, for one, was an Irish pirate.  She stood up to the English takeover of Irish lands and made life interesting for shipping interests.  Hmm, I could do that.  The humans can barely resist my deep brown eyes and wide smile as it is.  And if those scurvy dogs don't hand over the loot, I can be very fierce.  Really, I can be fierce.  ARRGH!  You see?  With Chloe as my first mate, we could take over the world!


Oops.  Sorry, I got a little carried away there.  I guess I'll have to stick with daydreaming while I'm in the whirlpool at the Rehab Vet, or pretending while I'm on the underwater treadmill.   Friday, I walked for 17 minutes!  I've been a bit stiffer, and didn't want to walk that far this morning, but that's because Aunt Pat's been sick the last couple of days and I've been sticking to her more closely than usual.   But don't worry, Chloe and I are watching the garden and the yard very closely.


Chloe's been keeping the birds out, and we actually got close to a baby bird this afternoon! It was taking flying lessons from it's mom and dad, and stopped to rest in the forsythia at the back corner of the yard.  Chloe saw it, and, being the sociable girl she is, went over to say hello.  The bird flew over to where Mrs. G. was working in her garden by the back fence.  Chloe followed.  Aunt Pat heard Mrs. G. yelling at Chloe to leave the bird alone.  Turns out, the bird landed on the grass, and Chloe got a little close.  She was sniffing the bird, but Mrs. G. was worried that Chloe might hurt the bird, or the bird might hurt Chloe.  The mama and papa birds weren't too happy with Chloe's efforts to be a good neighbor. 
 
I said hello, too, but Aunt Pat shooed me away.  The bird flew/hopped a little more towards the S's yard, and hid under one of the Lily of the Valley leaves.   Mrs. S heard the commotion and came over.  She tried to distract Chloe, so the bird could fly away.  It helped, but the bird only made it to near the side fence.  Chloe tried to say hello again, but Aunt Pat kept getting in the way.  Finally, Aunt Pat picked Chloe up and brought her inside.  She got her camera to get a photo, but the bird must have gotten its strength back and either flew or hopped into the neighbor's yard.  When the weather's nice, all the neighbors come out.

No comments: