Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What Do They Think I Am?








A sled dog?  I know this area can look like the Great White North, but our walks aren't the Iditarod....no matter how much I pull on the leash.  What's wrong with a girl wanting a good sniff of something, or a nice roll on a freshly cut lawn?   The Rehab Vet wanted me to wear this whenever we go for walks so I don't pull so much.  She's concerned that the pressure may be causing some compression on my airway, which causes me to sound a little raspy at times.  So, I humored them and wore it...until yesterday.  I scared Aunt Pat, though. 

I'd had enough, so I sat down on the neighbor's lawn and wouldn't get up.  She was afraid I had done something to my back or my hind legs because we finally spent most of our time in the family room over the weekend.  I did a lot more stairs, and moved around a lot more than I have recently.  But, I had my forelegs splayed out in front of me to let Aunt Pat know I wasn't going anywhere unless she took that thing off.  She didn't get the message.  We didn't walk with it today, but Aunt Pat said that we'd be using it tomorrow when we go back to the Rehab Vet.  We'll see what happens.










Chloe is just fine.  We went to our regular Vet last week for a routine check up and to have blood drawn for heartworm.  He looked at her paw and told Daddy and Aunt Pat to keep giving Chloe buffered aspirin and to have her take it easy for the next couple of weeks.  Chloe doesn't like the take it easy part.  She's been a spaz, running up and down the stairs, whining, jumping, etc. So, Aunt Pat took her for a little longer walk yesterday just to see how she'd do.  It wasn't a long distance, but Chloe enjoyed it without any ill effects.  Aunt Pat will still take it slow, but still it won't be fast enough for Chloe.  I just hope she really doesn't hurt herself with all this running around like a crazy dog.       


No comments: