Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Had a Test Today

...and I passed!  I didn't even study for it!  I don't recommend not studying, though, especially if you're in school.  This wasn't a school test, this was an ultrasound of my tummy.  When our Vet took my x-ray last week, things didn't look right.  He thought there might be fluid in there, or something else.  So, he really thought I should have the test.  I enjoyed a longer car ride.  We had to stop at our regular Vet so the humans could pick up my x-rays.  Then, Aunt Pat had trouble finding the place, despite using Google Maps and street view.  The hospital is a little tucked away from the main road. 

Anyway, the doctor was very nice, and called me a very sweet girl...and a good case.  I even thumped my tail once or twice.  But, he said that one of my kidneys didn't look too good, but the other one looked okay, and it could have been that way for a while-since some of the trouble I had back in 2004.  My spleen was a bit on the large side, and my liver is a little small, but the spleen could be large as a result of the infection I have.  My gallbladder was fine, and he didn't see anything bad with my stomach or my  heart.  He didn't see any tumors, either.   But, there was fluid.  So, he took a sample of some, and it looked clear, which is good.  He thinks the fluid could be due to the kidney/bladder infection I have, or I could have Irritable Bowel Disease.  The doctor said I should finish up the antibiotics, and then give my doctor another urine specimen to check for infection as well as something called a protein/creatine test.  If that test shows my kidneys aren't the problem, then the problem is probably the bowel.  Irritable Bowel can be treated with Prednisone. 

No comments: