Saturday, May 14, 2011

When Heidi's Away...

 
It's up to me to take care of the humans.  Heidi's back in the hospital for a couple of days so she can get IV fluids and antibiotics to clear up her kidney infection.  The Vet thinks she also has something called Irritable Bowel Disease that can be managed with medication. But, the medication suppresses her immune system, so she has to be infection free before the medication can start. She should be home in a couple of days.

I know how important it is to keep the humans busy.  They worry so much about us, and I know both Daddy and Aunt Pat are very concerned about Heidi. In addition to my normal duties-keeping watch out of the front window from my perch on the table, thoroughly sniffing the back yard to ward off any unwanted visitors, etc, I've planned some activities for them.  For instance, the weather this past week was beautiful, and exercise helps take the mind off your worries.  So, I've taken Aunt Pat on three walks a day for the past couple of days.  Plus, we've been spending more time outside, and we've gotten some garden clean up done
 I've been snuggling more with Daddy.  I want to be sure he sleeps well, and has pleasant dreams.  Plus, he dragged the grill out into the back yard and cooked out a couple of nights.  Just like I help Aunt Pat keep the kitchen floor clean when she cooks, I helped Daddy keep the patio clean.  A neat work area is very important.  Spills can cause falls, and my motto is safety first! 


No comments: