Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On a Diet

Last Wednesday, Daddy dropped me off at the Groomer!  We were a little late, but it wasn't my fault.  Daddy had written the wrong time in his calendar, so it was straight from walkies to the car!  It was so nice to have a day of pampering after everything that's happened, but I felt a little bad about leaving Daddy and Aunt Pat.  They're still pretty sad, but they're starting to feel better.  I've been keeping them company and giving them extra snuggles, and asking them for tummy rubs.  I know they've appreciated it. They said I should go, so I went.
Anyway, the Groomer did a lovely job as usual.  I feel about 10 pounds lighter, even though the Groomer told Aunt Pat that I needed to lose about 5 pounds.  What can I say, Aunt Pat's a great cook!  When she was cooking the special bland diet for Heidi, I had to sample some, too.  Well, more than just some.  Oh well.  No more pretzels and potato chips, either.  No matter how much I beg.
So now, I'm on reduced portions, and plenty of exercise.  We've been going for 3 walks a day, weather permitting.  It's been nice to get outside in the fresh air and sunshine.  I've enjoyed sunning myself in the back yard as well.  With the weather being so nice, the neighbors have been outside more.  So I've been able to play with Lucy from down the street, and Tony, who stayed with us that time.  His people were out of town and he locked  Daddy and Aunt Pat out of their house when they went over to take care of him.  

No comments: