Monday, May 12, 2008

I Follow Aunt Pat Everywhere


even here. Yes, this is the bathroom, and I'm laying on the rug in front of the tub. If it's okay for the humans to watch us do potties in the backyard, they shouldn't be surprised if one of us comes into the bathroom before, during or after they've done their business. Besides, I need to look out for Aunt Pat. I know she has problems with her balance and I want to make sure she doesn't fall. I also want to be sure she has something to lean against if she's walking and gets a little tippy. I've nudged her while we've gone up the stairs. Sometimes she can have vertigo if Chloe runs up the stairs on her other side. Here I made sure she cleaned the bathroom without any trouble. Let's face it, the bathroom is the most dangerous room in the house.

I watch her while she's in the kitchen, too, but I try not to be obvious about it. Once lunch or dinner is made I'll do a little begging, but I don't overdo it. Even after almost 3 months living here, looking cute and helping out, Aunt Pat still doesn't share her food...except for the rare pretzel. But, I always bark for, and get a biskee when we're done in here. They're right in the pantry, anyway. Katie and Chloe stay in here, too, but they're looking to get whatever Aunt Pat may drop on the floor.

We can't forget the laundry room. It gets a little cramped in there, especially if Daddy or Aunt Pat have the ironing board out. So I usually take up my position in the family room. I have a great view inside, straight for the door. Then, once the humans are done, we can go outside and play fetch!

Here, we're in the front bedroom/den. This is the room Aunt Pat slept in when she was a puppy..err, kid. There's a lot of stuff in the room. Aunt Pat keeps her yarn in here as well as her computer and some books. Even though she cleaned out some stuff before we moved in, she still has some organizing to do...alright, a lot of organizing and cleaning to do.

No comments: