Thursday, February 12, 2009

Somebody Was Bad...


and I'm certainly not going to tell who did it. Chloe and I both like to go into the garbage cans when the humans aren't around, which they know. Aunt Pat closed her bedroom door, and made sure the bathroom doors were closed, and the mudroom door was closed before she left for her doctor's appointment. Daddy put his garbage can out of reach and made sure everything was closed up before he went to work. Aunt Pat thought the closed garbage bag she had in her den wouldn't tempt anyone since it was closed, and she thought out of reach. This is what she came home to.

As you can see, someone chewed, then ripped a hole in the side of the bag and had fun with the contents. The garbage bag had been sitting on top of the brown box that's on the floor next to the mess. The box remained unopened on the floor during this episode.

I greeted Aunt Pat when she came home. Chloe didn't. She stayed on the sofa with a guilty look on her face. She was a little more subdued this afternoon and evening too. I'm not saying she's responsible for the mess, but actions speak louder than barks, err, words, and her actions are saying a lot!

It was very warm yesterday and all of our snow is melting. The humans like the warmer weather, and they've been picking up some...deposits that were buried by the snowstorms. As much as I like warmer weather, I miss my snow! It feels so good when I roll around in it, and I love to lick it and eat some of the ice chunks that I can break off. We've been roaming around the back yard smelling everything, checking out what may have been buried.


Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Many people feel this day is bad luck, but I don't. Katie and Chloe are going to the Groomer. They're getting a little shaggy.

No comments: