Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've Been A Little Cranky...

the past couple of days. I spent nearly all day Monday at the new Vet. We did my treadmill walking, my whirlpool treatment, the laser, our muscle stretches and I even got a massage! Now I know why Aunt Pat loves her massages so much. They had me in a small penned in area in the reception area and I napped between treatments. Aunt Pat was a little concerned that I'd get homesick, but I wasn't. Everyone there is so nice, and ready with a scratch behind the ears, or a nice tummy rub. Plus, they play very soothing music. I was really excited when Aunt Pat came to get me I dragged her to her car! She was surprised I knew which car was ours.
I probably shouldn't have gone for walkies that night, because I was feeling it the next day, and yesterday. I've been limping more than usual on our walk, so we haven't been going as far as usual. The humans are giving me my aspirin more closely together and at night, so the mornings aren't as bad. I've also snapped at Chloe a couple of times. I'm sorry about that, but sometimes I don't want to be bothered by a perky dog. Sometimes Chloe doesn't get the hint that I don't want to be bothered so I end up snapping at her. Aunt Pat is making me a rice bag-a towel with some uncooked rice inside that can either be frozen for an ice pack, or heated in the microwave to use as a heating pad. She has a couple here, but I didn't like it. It was a little too heavy, so she's going to use less rice. Today has been better. No snapping, and I even played fetch this afternoon for a couple of tosses without stopping to rest. I go back this coming Monday, so hopefully I won't be as stiff next week.

No comments: