Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a Week It's Been!


It's been quite a week around our house, and Chloe and I are pooped! Daddy's been sick with the flu. The doctor doesn't think it's the H1N1, aka the Swine Flu, and we concur. Daddy doesn't smell like bacon...or pork chops...or roast pork tenderloin with gravy and mashed potatoes...oh yum!! Can you tell I'm on a diet? Chloe's been taking good care of him, cuddling up with him and making sure he gets plenty of rest. We helped Aunt Pat make chicken soup, always at the ready in case she dropped anything. We were very willing to help her cut the carrots, but she didn't think we had enough knife skills yet. Chloe and I would have had to cut the carrots with our teeth...that doesn't mean we'd eat all of them. We would have left a couple for the soup.

The diet isn't going as well as the Rehab Vet hoped. I haven't gained any more weight, but I haven't lost any more either. The Rehab Vet wondered if I'd ever had my thyroid checked. Nope, never have. Apparently dogs had have their thyroid glands slow down or go out of whack, just like humans! A simple blood test will show if my thyroid levels are too low, and if they are, I can take medication to bring things back to normal. If I haven't lost any weight on this coming Wednesday's appointment, they'll probably do the blood test. I'm walking at 1.6 miles per hour, for 14 minutes on the treadmill. It's hard work, but the whirlpool is so relaxing. I just lay there, while the Vet Tech supports my head and tells me what a good girl I am. Then, I get a good rub down when they dry me off. I love it. I make sure I run over to Aunt Pat and rub up against her to let her know how much I appreciate her and Daddy taking me there. She doesn't mind getting wet...at least I don't think she minds. If she does, tough. I don't want to embarrass anybody by planting a big sloppy one on her. It just isn't dignified.

I had to see my regular Vet this week, too, but that's another post.

No comments: