Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!


We'd like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! Yesterday was a very big day. Chloe went to the Rehab Vet yesterday and she was very good. She can get rather hyper when she meets new people, but she was very interested in everything that went on and very polite. I think she got a little nervous when the water filled up the treadmill tank. Either that, or she wanted to go for a swim. Anyway, she came over and stared at the tank, making sure I was okay. She had to come over and sniff me, then, and after I got out of the whirlpool. I think she was pretty awed when they lifted me up in the harness to put me in the tub. Let's face it, it's not every day when you see a dog fly.

The great news is that I'm down to my goal weight!! I weighed 79.9 pounds and everyone was very happy. Now, the hard part...keeping the weight off. I don't know if I'll still be on the same portions that I was, the humans will have to ask next week. They also said that I was moving my hind legs better while in the tank.

We've been relaxing today. But, we've been helping Aunt Pat cook all week long. Chloe and I have been standing, well, laying in strategic places in the kitchen. I've camped out in front of the stove and Chloe's been laying by the kitchen door. We want to be sure that we're ready to clean up in case Aunt Pat dropped anything. And yes, Daddy gave us a sample of the turkey I was looking at in the first photo.

Chloe is smarter than she lets on. Chloe was walking in and out of the kitchen, waiting for a slice of, well, something. So, Aunt Pat grabbed her camera and said something like "Why don't you go into the dining room so I can get a picture of you and Heidi together." Well, to my surprise, Chloe went into the dining room and sat next to me. Yes, Aunt Pat gave the little suck up some turkey.

No comments: