Monday, November 23, 2009

Winter is near...


And things are getting busy around here. Chloe and I have been helping Daddy get the leaves out of the back yard before the snow flies. He uses the lawn mower, and we use our noses and our teeth to get rid of them. Sometimes they'll cling to our coats and we'll bring them inside. Usually they'll fall off in the laundry room, but sometimes Aunt Pat will find them in the family room or in the kitchen.

We're not the only ones working hard, either. The phone company has been working in our neighborhood. They've come in our yard because we have a pole, and in the G's yard. We saw one of the phone company guys in the G's back yard when Daddy let us out for potties. I knew enough to leave them alone, but Chloe ran to the fence and barked furiously. Daddy said something like "Chloe, I let you out to go potties, leave the man alone." Chloe stopped barking when Daddy spoke and cocked her head like she could understand him. Then, Chloe turned around, found a spot and did her potties. The phone guy was impressed. He told Daddy that he had a very smart dog. Of course, we knew that.

My last appointment at the Rehab Vet went well. I haven't lost anymore weight, but I haven't gained any either. Chloe will be coming with us this Wednesday. They want to meet her, and I hope she makes a good impression. I think she'll be very excited between the car ride and seeing the other animals. I don't know if Chloe has ever seen a horse or a goat before, and there may be other dogs there, too. She's such a social butterfly I think she'll have a great time. She may want to come with us every week!

No comments: