Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Little Work, A Little Play!


Yesterday was Black Friday, when traditionally the retailers have lots of sales and lots of shoppers so that the stores start breaking even and making a profit. Daddy and Aunt Pat didn't get up before dawn to go to the mall. Aunt Pat was tempted to go to the mall later in the day, but she didn't. Instead, the humans were busy cleaning the house. Chloe and I helped Aunt Pat assemble a book case in her bedroom. We made sure she was on the right page of the instructions and all the parts were present.


It wasn't all work, though. We did our share of relaxing, too.

Today, Aunt Pat and Daddy surprised us with a long car ride! We went to Lollypop Farm, which is the local Humane Society. The last time I was there, we came home with Chloe. But, we didn't get another dog. Chloe and I had our photo taken with Santa! This is the best of the photos. Boy, I'm really glad I stuck to my diet and lost the weight. We met some very nice people and some nice dogs, too. Once our name was called, we went back to a large room and saw the man himself! He was just as nice as last year, and the photographer even remembered us from last year. Chloe sniffed all around the room before she went over to Santa. She even started to climb onto his lap! I sniffed around a bit, but mostly checked out the sleigh and the presents under the tree. I mean, with Santa there and all, a girl has hope that there may be something for her under that tree, too! But, he's waiting until Christmas to bring everything straight to our house. Aunt Pat took us for our morning walkies once we got home. I tried to convince her to take us out in her car, but she wouldn't bite. Chloe and I used our cutest faces, but she didn't budge. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: