Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm All For Following Doctor's Orders But....


this is ridiculous! When Daddy had me at the Rehab Vet last week, he asked them if there was anything we needed to do to protect Chloe and my feet when we go for walkies now that the snow is sticking around. Well, they said we should wear boots. I didn't think too much of it at the time , since they gave Daddy a sheet of paper with information about boots and a drawing to use to measure our feet. Well, when Aunt Pat checked the price, that brand was rather expensive. I thought we were in the clear. After all, Chloe and I have all-weather coats, and our regular Vet said that we didn't need to wear coats or sweaters when we're outside in the cold, since we'd make enough heat naturally. Plus, I was bred to swim in the cold Atlantic, rivers, and/or lakes to fetch ducks or whatever waterfowl that needs to be retrieved.

I shouldn't have gotten complacent. A couple of days later, Daddy and
Aunt Pat went out, and came home with these!
Mine are blue and of course, Chloe's are pink.
Chloe was very excited, and all I wanted to do was chew mine...and Chloe's. I'll admit, they did look cute, but it was a little difficult to walk in them. Daddy and Aunt Pat are going to try them on us again and they hope we'll get used to them. The Rehab Vet said today that it might take some time, but we'll see. Chloe was pooped after all the excitement.

We had a good appointment today at the Rehab Vet. They're so happy with my progress I don't have to go back as frequently. Instead of going once a week, we can go every ten days to two weeks! Chloe went with us because Daddy was afraid she'd get into all the cookies Aunt Pat's been baking.

Chloe's been trying to find a way up onto the dining room table. Lately, when we go to bed, Chloe's been the last one upstairs. Aunt Pat will go back to the head of the stairs and will lean over to see where Chloe is. More often than not, Chloe is standing on her hind legs and trying to see over the top of the table. She's been sniffing around the edge of the table, but still hasn't found a way to pull a chair out to get up on the table. It's a good thing, since there are chocolate cookies and brownies among the goodies. We all know chocolate is toxic to dogs...except for my chocolate color, which is absolutely beautiful, just like me!

No comments: